Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wild West Show!

The Pawnee Bill Wild West Show begins this Saturday and continues for the next two Saturdays: June 12 19, 26. With an afternoon parade from downtown to the historic Pawnee Bill Ranch (just like they did it in the old days), re-enactors (including gun fights right out of an old western movie), historic displays at the Pawnee Bill Ranch and tours of the mansion and museum, it's all day entertainment that's almost as educational as it is fun.

The 'Bean is fully booked for the first weekend, June 12, but still has vacancies for the next two weekends. The sooner we know, the better, since showtime is a busy season.

And if you need a break from the excitement (or the heat, depending on the weather) the swimming pool is open.


1 comment:

  1. B.

    Just wanted to put it into writing *g* how much I enjoyed spending my vacation at the DBR. The company (as usual) was superb, the chats about movies and writing were stimulating and entertaining, and of course I was utterly charmed by your recent addition, Tor. Sadly, I was so tired and slept so hard that I never heard one coyote yip.

    See you soon (I hope). -- Jennie

    PS: Did I mention how gorgeous the gardens are? Next year I'm coming up for some of that amazing asparagus. --jp

    ReplyDelete