Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fresh Peach pie


Fresh peach pie.

Pastry for double crust pie.

Mix 4-5 cups sliced peaches, 3/4 c. sugar (less, if your peaches are as sweet as mine), 3 T tapioca. Dot with 2 T butter. Vent upper crust. The tapioca keeps the juice nice and clear, rather than clouded as flour would
.
Bake 40-50 minutes in upper third of 425 oven. Before baking, I like to embellish with a few sprinkles of sugar and a little freshly grated nutmeg.

BTW--The DBR provides seasonal treats for guests, such as the above, in addition to breakfast items. I picked peaches this morning and tonight the pie is cooling in the kitchen. Doesn't it make you wish you were here to enjoy it?

1 comment:

  1. Aargh! I had to ask. Now all I can think about and all I want is a warm, fresh peach pie.

    Fresh peach pie is my FAVORITE pie.

    (Well, right up there with rhubarb.)

    I also love fresh peach ice cream, and I am not an ice cream person.

    So, yes, to answer your smart-alecky question, I do wish I was there to enjoy it.

    jp

    ReplyDelete