Saturday, January 30, 2010

To B and B?

To B and B, or not to B and B? Bill and I talked the subject nearly to death. Last year, I finally did it. I hung up my shingle. Or in modern parlance, put the Dancing Bean Ranch into cyberspace. (Thanks, Jennie for doing the web site for me.)

Today, a twenty by thirty foot sheet of ice outlines the swimming pool. Beyond, the woods are deep in snow. I'm glad I took advantage of the lull in freezing temperatures to get the bee candy onto the brood box. Now, my fingers are crossed that the girls won't starve to death before the spring honey flow starts.

Personally, I've had enough winter. So I intend at least to warm my memories. I'll be sharing (names omitted) stories about some of my favorite guests. Better to think about that than what this weather has done to the tulips I planted in the raised beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment